Kernel for Writer is OpenOffice Writer Recovery software, which repairs damaged and corrupt .odt files corrupted due to unexpected system shutdown, virus attacks, and media errors where .odt files are stored or errors faced while opening the files. The software supports all versions of OpenOffice to repair corrupt, damaged, and inaccessible .odt files.
Supports repairing of .odt documents created with any version of OpenOffice installed on Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, XP, 2003, 2000.
OpenOffice Writer Recovery Features:
- Recovers data from corrupt .odt files
- Repairs batch of odt files
- User friendly interface, no technical expertise required
- Recovers text, text formatting, page orientations, page layout, graphics, images, headers, footers, Unicode characters, hyperlinks, image objects, special characters, tables and every other item of the document.
OpenOffice Recovery software recovers data from damaged and corrupt files, which got corrupted due to following reasons:
- Virus attacks
- Unexpected system shutdown
- Media errors where .odt files are saved
- Error messages like
- The file "file.odt" is corrupt and therefore cannot be reopened. Should OpenOffice.org repair the file?"
- General Input/Output Error
- The file "file.odt" could not be repaired therefore cannot be opened
The free demo version of the openoffice writer recovery software recovers limited data and repairs corrupt .odt files and saves new .odt files with recovered data to user-defined location. But, in the demo version, the software will not display original content of the file, and instead of that it will display the 'demo restriction.' One needs to buy the full version to view the original content. Similarly, while recovering image files, the demo version will display 3 out of 10 images and the rest of them will display the word demo restriction. The full version is required to view all the recovered image files and to save the complete data.